Friday 14 October 2011

Another day...

Friday, October 14, 2011

Not a lot to report today as I only spoke to Bobbi for a few minutes before being interrupted. Sometimes I want to call them back but I do not want to disturb them if they are finally catching a few minutes of sleep. There is not a lot to write - not because lots did not happen but because it mostly has to do with stool softening medication, rubber gloves, quarentine, Scarlett's discomfort and parents' coping. Another day...

The journey is long but they are working through it together. I love that little Jarman family so much. I know many of you do too. Lance's family have spent a lot of time with Isabelle this week. They leave tomorrow I think and then I will take a turn in a few days. They are in need of prayers and so appreciate all of you.

I have thought about poor little Scarlett as she deals with this challenge. Her parents, extended family and friends ache as we watch her go through it. As we talk to people and the older Barry and I get we see lots of people around us who face struggles and trials of many different kinds with their own families. Sometimes it is hard to see bad things happen to good people. I found this poem that I learned to love years ago. It is from a book of a mother's story about her child. He faces many physical challenges and despite uneven odds and persecution, determines to make something of his life. I hope you don't mind me sharing - I guess I am feeling in a reflective mood tonight.

The Monument

God, before he sent his children to earth
Gave each of them
a very carefully selected package
of problems.

These, he promised smiling,
are yours alone. No one
else may have the blessings
these problems will bring you.

And only you
have the special talents and abilities
that will be needed
to make these problems
Your servants.

Now go down to your birth
and to your forgetfulness. Know that
I love you beyond measure.
These problems that I give you
are a symbol of that love.

The monument you make of your life
with the help of your problems
will be a symbol of your
Love for me.

Your Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment